BY VISITING EVANBLY.COM YOU ARE CONSENTING TO OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
These terms and conditions can be hard to read. We tried to summarize each section (summaries are in italics). This does not absolve you from reading the entire terms and conditions… it’s simply done to reinforce our policies and to help you discern what you’ve read.
Jump to section:
- Use of the site and service.
- Purchase of products.
- Comment policy.
- Copyright terms: our intellectual property.
- Third party websites & resources.
- Changes to terms.
EVANBLY.COM is a Canadian website and an independently operated blog subject to the laws of Canada. This website was not created to serve, nor does it actively market to residents of the EU (European Union).
The terms, “I”, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to EVANBLY.COM. The term “Site” refers to EVANBLY.COM.
The term “Shop” refers to the shop section of EVANBLY.COM. The terms “user”, “you” and “your” refer to site visitors, customers, and any other users of the site.
EVANBLY.COM is a website where users can read articles about comics, games, animation, and additional resources (the “Content”). We also sell digital goods (the “Products”) related to our content. The aforementioned will herein be referred to as the “Service”.
Use of EVANBLY.COM, including all materials presented herein, is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to all site visitors, customers, and all other users of the site.
By using the Site or Service, you agree to these Terms and Conditions, without modification, and acknowledge reading them.
- We’re Canadian and do not actively market to EU residents.
- We want you to know what all these pronouns are in our policies.
- In order to use our website, you agree to our terms and conditions.
USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICE
Information provided on the Site are subject to change. EVANBLY.COM makes no representation or warranty that the information provided, regardless of its source (the “Content”), is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. EVANBLY.COM disclaims all liability for any inaccuracy, error, or incompleteness in the Content. If you find an error in any of our content, you are welcome to contact us. We make the final decision whether or not we will correct the error.
This site runs 7 days a week, 365 days per year. Access to EVANBLY.COM may be temporarily or permanently suspended and without notice at my own discretion, due to updates or technical issues beyond my control. We will not be liable if for any reason the website is unavailable for any period of time.
- I’m bound to misspell words or a website may go off-line (which means there’s a dead link). We invite you to report any errors you find in our content, but we may or may not correct said errors. For example, since I’m Canadian, I use British spelling for words like “colour” and “centre”. If you write me to tell me these words are spelled wrong, I won’t be changing them.
- Access to this site may be temporarily or permanently suspended.
- Sometimes our site goes offline due to technical issues.
- We try to resolve technical conditions as soon as possible.
- We aren’t liable for your use of this site being interrupted or suspended.
PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS
We host all of our products through third-party sellers (i.e. Amazon, Smashwords, Gumroad, Payhip, etc.). We have chosen to sell our products this way because the safety and security of your payment information is of the utmost importance. As a small independent, self-publishing website, we can not invest in a robust payment system to be housed within our own site. This is why we have selected reputable 3rd party sellers to host our products.
Be aware that when you purchase a product from us through their site, you are subject to their terms and services. It is your responsibility to read and agree to those terms.
Our digital products are non-refundable. Please be aware of this BEFORE you make a purchase. However, if you are unhappy with your purchase, you are more than welcome to contact us as your input could help us improve the product if we choose to revise it in the future.
- When you purchase a product, you will be taken to a secure off-site location to make your purchase. These are reputable sites which have been in operation for years (i.e. Amazon, Etsy, Gumroad, PayPal, etc.)
- By using and purchasing from these sites, you agree to their terms & services.
- Refunds are not issued for our digital products. You are welcome to contact us if you have any feedback or questions.
Comments are welcomed and encouraged on EVANBLY.COM, but will be edited or removed if they contain profanity or content which could be offensive to others, are deemed to be spam, or attack other users.
If it is your first time commenting on EVANBLY.COM, your comment will be held in cue for approval. Subsequent comments are auto-published.
We use a reputable spam filter which removes comments flagged as spam. Rarely, legitimate comments are accidentally deleted. We are not liable for deleted comments.
We do not have to publish comments. We reserve the right to turn off the commenting feature on this website.
- We invite you to comment on our website.
- Don’t spam us.
- Be kind.
- Whatever you publish as a comment IS visible and public (so if you don’t want people to know your dog’s name, then don’t write it in a comment).
- We have the right to delete comments.
- We have the right to turn off the commenting feature on this website.
The Site and Service contain intellectual property owned by EVANBLY.COM, including copyrights and other intellectual property. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, distribute, display, reproduce or perform, or in any way exploit in any format whatsoever any of the Site or Service, Content or intellectual property, in whole or in part, without our prior written consent. We reserve the right to immediately remove you from the Service and take legal action if you are caught violating this intellectual property policy.
If wanting to feature a blog post / article you may quote a short snippet (2-3 sentences) from the post which MUST link back to the original post on EVANBLY.COM. You may NOT post the entire blog post, or any written material without prior permission. Action will be taken if you are found to be in violation.
To share downloadable material please link to the original post of the content or the original page containing download link.
- All of the content on this website is copyright protected.
- Do not steal content – that’s not cool.
- Theft of content will result in legal action.
- Short quotes of 2-3 sentences ARE allowed but MUST link back to the original page/work.
- Like a download we made? Link to the original post where you got it from.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES & RESOURCES
The Site and the Service contain links to third party websites and resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for the availability, content, accuracy, or policies of third party websites or resources.
Links to such websites or resources does not imply any affiliation with EVANBLY.COM. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
- We may share a link to a relevant article, but we can’t possibly monitor all the activities of each website we reference.
- Once you click through any third party links, you are subject to the terms and conditions of their website.
All notices, requests, demands, and other communications under this Agreement shall be in writing and properly addressed as follows:
Suite #204, 9768 – 170 Street
CHANGES TO TERMS
We may at any time amend these Terms and Conditions. Such amendments are effective immediately. We reserve the right to update any portion of our Site and Service, including these Terms and Conditions, at any time. The most recent versions, and the effective dates will be listed on the pages of our policies as well as on our Terms and Conditions.
- We have the right to change the terms and conditions at any time.
- The most recent version of the policies, terms & conditions are published on their applicable pages.
- Modifications to terms and conditions will be documented at the bottom of the policy pages.
This policy was created: April 2018
Last updated: April 7, 2018